The YCIS curriculum reflects the Philosophy & Objectives from which its culture and ethos are generated. We are committed to a curriculum that is international and holistic, as well as rigorous, demanding and accessible to all students admitted to the school. Our curriculum affords students the opportunity to fulfil their highest academic potential, as well as focus on their physical, social, moral, cultural, and creative development.
What makes our IB Diploma Programme unique?
The IB Diploma Programme at YCIS Beijing offers an exemplary international education that equips students to make informed choices and contributions as caring global citizens of the world.
In particular, the following elements highlight the uniqueness of the IB Diploma Programme at YCIS:
- International recognition: The YCIS IB Diploma Programme is academically challenging and prepares students, aged 16-19, for success in university and life in an ever-changing global society.
- Reputation of excellence: YCIS Beijing is the only international school in Beijing to maintain a 100% pass rate on the rigorous IB Diploma external examinations.
- World class university offers: YCIS graduates earning the IB Diploma receive offers from leading universities across the world, including the UK Oxbridge Universities and Ivy League Colleges in the US.
- Creativity, Action and Service (CAS) opportunites: Through the CAS Fair offered at YCIS Beijing, students connect with local and international non-governmental organisations (NGOs), and are provided countless opportunities to participate in local and global volunteer endeavours.
- Innovative spirit: In 2012, YCIS was selected as one of only 12 schools worldwide to pilot the new IB Global Politics course, which entered the mainstream IB curriculum in 2015. YCIS Beijing teacher Gareth Evans, served as a key member of the IB Politics curriculum design team.
To learn more about our IB Diploma Programme, contact our Admissions Team by clicking here.