Yew Chung International School of Beijing provides an all-rounded education that shapes students into balanced and responsible citizens of the global community. YCIS Beijing students excel in academics, from maths and science to language, history, and geography. Arts and music also play a vital role at YCIS Beijing, as do sports, leadership, and community service. This all helps build an impressive and diverse student body that is well prepared for the future.
Top in Academics
YCIS Beijing students are known for their excellence in academics, including stellar examination results and overall scholastic achievement. A rigorous academic programme, paired with a holistic approach to education, is one of the main reasons why YCIS Beijing graduates continue to be accepted into top-ranked universities around the world.
- YCIS is the ONLY international school in China to receive the Cambridge Award for Excellence in Education.
- YCIS Beijing is one of the five international schools in China accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), the Council of International Schools (CIS), and the National Centre for School Curriculum and Textbook Development (NCCT).
- YCIS Beijing students maintain a 100% International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) and International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) pass rate.
Champions in Sports
The all-rounded education at YCIS Beijing goes beyond the classroom to include after-school sports and Co-Curricular Programmes.
Athletic events and team building play a critical role in the development of globally competitive citizens who are prepared to meet and solve the challenges of the future.
YCIS Beijing is an active member of the Association of China and Mongolia International Schools (ACAMIS) and the International Schools Athletic Conference (ISAC). Our students achieve individual and team sports awards in their leagues every year.
Giving back to the community
YCIS students have many opportunities to interact with and support not only the local community but organisations worldwide. With “Align with Love and Charity” a key piece of our School Motto, YCIS students continue to develop individual character traits as they actively support the greater community.
Creativity, Activity, Service (CAS) is a major piece of our IBDP programme. Secondary students are required to engage in volunteer and charity projects outside school, helping them not just to develop essential “soft skills” but also the importance of volunteer work.
At YCIS Beijing, our students are well-known for their excellence in academics, including examination results and overall scholastic achievement. A rigorous academic programme, paired with a well-rounded and balanced approach to education, is the reason why our graduates continue to be accepted by top-ranked universities and programmes around the world.
Recognition and Awards
With many years of experience providing international education and excellent results year after year, YCIS Beijing is the only school in China to have been awarded the Cambridge Award for Excellence in Education by Cambridge International Examinations.
IB – 2015 results
- Two 2015 graduates received exceptional scores of 41 out of 45.
- The average combined IB score of the YCIS Beijing Class of 2015 was an astonishing 36.15, six points higher than the worldwide average of 29.9.
- Nearly one half of YCIS Beijing students pursued and achieved a bilingual diploma, demonstrating the impact of the School’s strong Chinese language programme.
IGCSE – 2015 results
- Top in the World: Foreign Language: Mandarin Chinese- Shuwen Liu
- Top in China: Art and Design - Cecilia Yixuan Cao
- Top in China: Global Perspectives - Gianna Cheok Tong Chun
- Top in China: –Physical Education - Atsuki Yamamoto