At Yew Chung International School of Beijing, we believe that it is greatly beneficial to students’ academic and social success for the entire family to be part of their child’s school life.
This is why we work hand-in-hand with families to foster the healthy growth and successful education of their child. Parents are able to participate in their child’s school life through an open and regular line of communication with our teachers, and they are encouraged to become involved in a wide range of events and activities for the school community.
A Caring Community
We pride ourselves on the close-knit community environment we offer our students and families. Our Parent Organisation, or PO for short, is an integral piece of this community, offering support and a variety of activities and events in which families can participate such as luncheons and outings, classes, seminars and, workshops throughout the year. The PO is made up of parents and representative teachers who work together for the well-being of our students and the school.
For families new to YCIS Beijing and the city itself, the PO is a fantastic resource to meet new friends, share experiences, and find help settling into their new city and school environment.
Outings and Activities
Every year the PO organises a wide variety of activities to help our families make friends and understand Chinese culture and receive valuable support, as well as raise funds for school and local charities.
• The annual PO Charity Gala raises funds for the Seeds of Hope charity, YCIS’s charitable organisation dedicated to building schools in impoverished areas of China.
• Global Community Day increases the sense of unity amongst our families.
• The Christmas Wish Tree project supports local and international charities.
• The YCIS Beijing Book Club meets monthly to discuss books that increase cultural awareness and understanding of parenting and living in Asia.
• Chinese painting classes are offered in the school several times a week.
• Coffee mornings with guest speakers are a good chance to catch up with other parents and learn more from an expert speaker.
The PO of YCIS Beijing welcomes all parents, new and returning, who would like to get involved. To become a member of the PO and to learn more about this organization, parents are welcomed to send an email to Sophia Liu at firstname.lastname@example.org.